Microcurrent and ATP Microcurrent has been reasearched to show direct effect on Adenosine triphosphate, a coenzyme used as an energy carrier in the cells of all known organisms (ATP)
- 10 – 500 micro amps is the range of current that microcurrent is at it’s most effective
- Electrons = current flow
- Microcurrent has shown an ncrease of ATP production by up to 500%
- Microcurrent has also shown an increase in protein synthesis by 70%
- This also then increases amino acid transport 40%
- By increaseing the electron flow this then increases potential difference allowing the flow of life giving electrons
Microcurrent and Signal Transduction
Extra cellular ATP opens Ca+2 ion channels, activated and mediates signal trasduction mechanisms.
- In virto, ATP release increased 50 fold
- In vitro, ATP in cells increasy by 163%
- In vivo, increased cAMP in human lumpocytes
- The frequency (below 150 hz), waveform and signal strength of small applied electic fields creates mesurable changes in signal transduction in vitro and in vivo.